Monday, October 26, 2009

Free at Last, Free at Last!!!!


Friday was my last day at work. My husband sent me flowers... (thanks, baby!) but there was not a card, cake, or even an offer to take me to lunch by my boss or fellow office people. Although I was disappointed at the indifference of my departure, I was not, in the least surprised. I guess I just thought that after being there almost 3 years, sometimes working 12 hour days (when everyone else had quit) so the office could still function, would mean something.

Oh well.

Now the good stuff... the reason I quit my job!!!

My good friend Mark is opening up a medical practice and not only will I be running the office, I will be part owner of the practice!!!!

I decided to take some much needed time off before the practice opens in January. It won't be all relaxation and sleeping in though... there are museums and matinee's and day trips and other fun stuff that needs to be taken care of!!!

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Wow, this is awesome! Congrats!

BTW, you need to send me a picture of you in the Snuggie, for my Picture of the Week.

Doug & April said...

Good for you! Too bad they were so indifferent about you leaving, so poo on them! :) Good luck on your new adventure! I wish I could come visit for the next 2 months to take day trips with you. *sigh* Someday I'll come visit....I won't be able to stay for 2 months though.

Tammy said...

April, you could come for a long weekend!!! That would be fun!!

Lee said...

Good for you!! Don't look back!

Lissaloo said...

Congrats on the new Job! That sounds awesome!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Congrats and Good Luck with the new adventure. I sure am sorry they weren't more appreciative of you...where you came from!

Nonna said...

Very exciting news !
That sounds so much better for you at this point...appreciation and caring go a long way in the workplace and to have a vested interest in the business is another plus...I know you will do great and be so much happier too !

R Allen said...

Good for you! Shame you didn't get at least a cupcake from your co-workers! But, if you come over, I will bake you a cake...

wendy said...

GOOD--FOR--YOU!!. I think this new job sounds great for you and I like the way you are going to be spending your time until January.
SHAME on those people for not even getting you a cake or taking you to lunch.

Unknown said...

Wow - sounds like you have a lot of fun and exciting things going on. Enjoy your break and congrats on the new opportunity!

Related Posts with Thumbnails