My acceptance speech: *Ahem* You like me, you REALLY, REALLY like me!!! (sudden flashbacks of Sally Field getting her Oscar) Anyhoo, this is just too cool. I appreciate the recognition of my random and candid thoughts.
I should probably post the rules:
The rules for the Honest Scrap award: A) First list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! B) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers whom you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
OK, Here goes (I will try to do this quickly, like ripping a bandaid off)
1. I am the youngest of 4 kids and the only active one in the church. It makes me sad.
2. I am trying to lose weight, but I feel like I constantly self-sabotage myself and can't figure out why.
3. I think my husband is super handsome when he is in all his temple gear!
4. I wish I had the ability to say exactly what is on my mind (tactfully).
5. I can cross my eyes and then un-cross only one at a time and alternate them back and forth. It kinda freaks people out. I think it's cool.
6. I met my hubby online through LDS Planet. We got married about 4.5 months after the "face to face". Best decision I ever made!
7. I desperately want children and having gone through 8 (known) miscarriages, it has taken me a LONG time to not get upset when a friend or family member has a baby.
8. I do not have a college education. I have had to work from a very early age and just never had the opportunity or time until I moved to NM. I am currently TRYING to get my degree here. (Go AGGIES!) I did, however, get my PhD from the School of Hard Knocks!
9. I have decided to "train" myself in the culinary arts. There are no culinary schools around here and I really want to enhance my skills, so I decided (just last night!) to do it myself!
10. I did not appreciate my membership in the LDS Church until I was 32 years old. I had a "spiritual epiphany" of sorts and have worked very hard to build my testimony and to live my life making the best choices possible. I do not have one. single. regret. for making those changes in my life. I actually am more at peace with myself than I have been in a LONG time.