Saturday, January 17, 2009

Heavy Heart

Earlier today I was sailing through the sea of blogs and came across a blog where people were encouraged to share their innermost secrets (anonymously) in the comment area. As I was reading the comments, my heart ached. I finally had to stop.

A while later, my hubby asked what was wrong. I guess it was showing.

I told him about the comments on the blog. I had another "a-ha" moment.

We have read in the scriptures about prophets mourning because of the choices of their brethren. I finally get what that means.

*** DISCLAIMER *** I am not perfect, nor claim to be, I am not passing judgment on anyone, just sharing my feelings.

The reason these comments affected me so adversely, is because these people say that they are LDS and they have been to the temple. The comments almost seemed (to me anyway) to brag about what they have done and now that they made an anonymous comment on a blog, they are able to just "get it off their chest" and move on.

I just sat there and cried. I know what it is like to make wrong choices and not see the error of my ways.

I also know what it feels like to make every effort possible to repent and try to make it right with the Lord. The joy that it brings is indescribable.

I don't know their circumstances. I don't know what is in their heart. I do know that they are children of a Heavenly Father who loves them, in spite of their mistakes.

I know that this is a very solemn post, but it was weighing heavily on my mind. Thanks for listening.

10 comments:

Mandi said...

hi I just came here from kristina's blog. funny that you just wrote about it. I honestly have no idea why I am out and about stalking people who didn't go anonymous :)

Just felt like stopping by and seeing who you were. hope you don't mind. have a good night (or day) :)

Emily said...

I wanted to thank you for your comments on my Stepping Stones blog. I'm sorry you had to find it, and for your losses. ((hugs))

Also, I know what you mean. Well, I don't know the specific blog you mean about the anonymous comments, but there is a similar book called PostSecret everyone talks about that is so clever and funny and it always makes me so sad. So many people doing such wrong, and then feeling like they have confessed because they write an anonymous comment somewhere.

I think Heavenly Father will have a conversation with them at some point about true repentance. and that ain't it.

peace- emily

Lissaloo said...

Thank You for your comment on K's blog, I am in an abusive relationship & have been steadily gaining for 5 years now. It made me sad & sick inside to read most of the anonymous comments & when I came to yours I was able to breathe again, thank you for your honest & kind comment. I am sorry for what has happened in your life, and glad you things are better now. I hope you don't mind I would like to follow your blog, & again Thank You :)

Aimee said...

Just wanted to thank you for your comments on Kristina's blog. I started a blog a bit back to talk about the hardships of losing weight. feel free to check it out:
http://superfatsuperchick.blogspot.com/

Thanks again,
Aimee

R Allen said...

Hi!

I was a little disheartened about it too but then it did help me to appreciate my own life and the blessing of being able to repent.

I was uplifted by reading a comment about a woman who experienced a Mahana/Johnny Lingo type marriage.

There are still happy endings out there and we can help others by holding out a helping hand and sharing a kind heart.

Nonna said...

When things get too heavy, depressing, uncomfortable or personal on someone's blog, I bow out gracefully, sometimes forever ! LOL

Mike and Tammy said...

It makes me realize how much pain people carry around.

I guess I just need to be the best I can possibly be and try to be there for people if they need me.

If I come a across another posting like the one I did, I know now I will be staying away from the comment section.

Kristina P. said...

Tammy, thank you for stopping by my blog. I stopped by last night, but didn't comment, and so I am now.

I hope that a lot of the people who made comments are actually able to now step into the action stage and do something with their secrets. There were a couple of people who said that after my last post I did, they actually went to their bishop or talked to their spouse, and they were able to not make them secrets anymore.

Some of them are definitely bragging.

I don't know if I will do a post like this again. I had a different experience with it than I did the last time, but I have received many emails from people thanking me for the outlet, and that's worth it.

Thank you for your kind words. I think a lot of people needed to hear them.

wendy said...

HI Tammy, thanks for visiting my Blog. Come back. Yes, I saw some of that myself, and just ----stopped. I have enough sorrow in my own life, and I appreciate the struggles of others I TRULY TRULY DO. Sometime perhaps for the "secret sharers" writing it out and actually SEEING what they are dealing with ---sometimes that could be their first step in addressing it. Fixing it or changing it. I would never judge anyone as I've been there done that. It really does ring true "endure to the end" just have to never give up I guess.

Anonymous said...

Very true. You are braver than me, I don't read those ones!

I've done a 'confessions' post on my other blog but all I got were silly little things like 'sometimes I swear' and stuff! Lol!

Related Posts with Thumbnails