Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Yeah, I know, I know... It's December and I am just getting around to posting about Thanksgiving. Well, in my defense, I got sick AGAIN. I am feeling better, so I can catch up on my posting.

Mike and I were fortunate enough to be able to go to CA for Thanksgiving. My friend April & her hubby Doug picked us up from the airport. April is a very dear friend that I met at Griffin & Reed Eye Care (where we both worked). We stayed at their house (which is beautiful, by the way) the first night we were in CA. It was so fun catching up. She took us to Chipotle for lunch the next day. MMMMMM Chipotle. Thanks April!! You're the best!

My mom and dad were thrilled that we were able to come out. I miss them. It is hard being so far away. Seeing them only once a year is tough. We spent some time with my grandma who will will
be 91 in a few weeks. It was great talking to her and sharing our triumphs and trials with her and listening to her share her wisdom with us. I love my grandma. She is funny and smart and really quick. She jokes about her age affecting her mind, but I have met people a fraction of her age that aren't as "all there" as she is. She is amazing.

My brother was there with his family. It was great visiting with them. I have not seen him or his family for over 5 years. My brother was in the Navy for 8 years. He was always deployed and his family lived in VA so it made it hard to see him. His kids are so cute.
He is such a great father. My brother and I have always been close and it was great kidding around with him again.

We also saw several of my cousins, aunts, uncles.. (wow!) It was great catching up with everyone.



My cousin Emily got married almost a year ago and her hubby joined the California Highway Patrol (CHP). Well... we HAD to give him a hard time. We were calling him "Ponch" and I asked him if they were woken up to the CHiP's theme song in the morning. He took it in stride and was able to laugh with all of us. Needless to say, I have a lot to be thankful for. Heavenly Father has been very generous to Mike and me. I love my family!!!!!!!



I thought I would include these OH SO ATTRACTIVE PICTURES OF MIKE AND ME.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails