Monday, November 10, 2008

So Blessed

Last week was tough. I am still getting over being sick, but have been back to work since 11/5. Friday was our date night and we got together with some friends for dinner and then went to a movie afterwards. I had, had a pretty bad headache for most of the day and it was not getting any better by that evening. My cough wasn't helping, either.

When we finally got home my headache had turned into a full-blown migraine. (Let me just tell you, having a cough during a migraine is NO picnic.) It was BAD. All I could do was sit and cry. I remembered that I had a sample of a new prescription medication for migraines and took it. I went to bed to try to get some sleep, but that made it worse.

I got up and sat on the couch and Mike got out of bed and sat with me. (1st gold star)

He then gave me a Husband's Blessing. (2nd gold star)

He then asked if there was anything else I needed. (3rd gold star)

I asked for a piece of celery (wha???) because it felt like the pill was stuck in my throat, I had tried drinking a large glass of water and it didn't help. I thought maybe swallowing something a little more solid would help the pill go down. I had already brushed my teeth for the night and didn't want to eat anything that would stick to my teeth. So, then he got up, in the dark (at 2am) and cut and washed a piece of celery for me. (4th gold star)

My head mercifully started feeling better and we went to bed. Mike rubbed my back and made sure I was OK before going to sleep. (5th gold star)

This was just one example of how blessed I am to have such a wonderful husband. I never, in all my life thought that I could be so happy. Before Mike and I met, I had prayed and prayed that I would meet the person who was right for me and more importantly, that I would recognize this answer to my prayer and act accordingly.

I understand why being married to the right person in the right place is so important. We have had our share of trials and struggles and we have been VERY fortunate to be able to get through them, becoming closer for it.

I like the quote: "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all." That fits us so perfectly. I feel like I can face any challenge, weather any storm, as long as I have my best friend and eternal companion by my side.

I love my husband. He is the Yin to my Yang, the Ham to by Beans, the Clyde to my Bonnie, the Fred to my Wilma, the Homer to my Marge.

I am so grateful that Heavenly Father, in His infinite wisdom, gave me this wonderful gift.

4 comments:

Sariahfied said...

Beautiful!!!I am glad you are feeling better!

SitDownKaren said...

I'm sorry you were sick but glad your better!

Husbands are great even when your mad or fighting!

Beth Jamison said...

Hey, Tammy it is me Beth from Griffin & Reed days!! Check out our blog and let's keep in touch. bethanderic.blogspot.com

Beth Jamison said...

I am glad you married a wonderful man who helps you out so much. I hope you are feeling much better now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails