Sunday, September 20, 2009

WARNING: Gross Post

Today was a typical Sunday, like any other. We got up, got dressed, ate breakfast, got to church late.

We arrived home from church. Then the fun began....

Our house smelled like poop. Cat poop to be exact. No, no, no, no, no!!!

You see, anyone who knows me, knows that I am rather OCD about my house and the smell therein. I like my house to smell clean and fresh. We clean our home, keep the laundry tamed, clean the litter box regularly, etc., so there won't be odiferous offenders lurking in every corner.

When people come over, I do not want them to know that we have cats from walking into a wall of stench from a nasty litter box. This is an ongoing worry of mine.

So, you can probably imagine my horror to the lovely poop scent.

I knew who the offender was. It was my long haired cat, His Majesty. Sometimes he has issues with his poop. It gets stuck in his fur around his little bunghole. This time though, it was bad. So we donned the appropriate HazMat gear and proceeded to clean his little rear end of said poop. He protested at first, but then just sat there and let us finish, (He really had no choice, due to the deathgrip Mike had on him) and by finish, I mean, shaving his little butt. He also got a good washing in his nether regions and now smells like orchids. He is currently under our bed, madder than a wet hen, or.. err.. cat.

The fun doesn't stop there folks! We then had to go ALL OVER our house and disinfect it from top to bottom, because we didn't know where he may have sat and "spread the love", if you know what I mean!

During the disinfecting of EVERYTHING in our house, I turned to Mike and I said, "Well, I guess this will help prepare us for a baby" and his reply: "Yeah, but we won't have to shave our baby's butt!"

Ahhh the joys of having pets.


6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Wow.

Nonna said...

Sorry about that gross mess but I had a good laugh...funny ! How did you ever shave your cat's bum ? Ours both would tear us apart if we tried that !

My cats have been peeing on our slippers or anything on the floor, even when their litter box is pristine...I just want to choke them both !

Savannah said...

That is so funny, mostly becuase I just shouted to hubs that you have a gross kitty like ours. We have a long haired, fat, lazy cat and she gets a good scrub and hair cut on a regular basis. She doesn't mind water so she's not hard to bathe. She fight until she gets wet and then just gives up and seems to say well, I'm wet, nothing I can do now.

Doug & April said...

HAHAHA! I knew as soon as you mentioned "issues" that you were going to be shaving the cat's butt. My mom used to have to do that to my cat. At least the smell is gone and hopefully won't be back until the next shaving is needed.

Lissaloo said...

Our little dog has that same issue, so we keep him shaved. He loves his baths though :)

wendy said...

Oooo, you are just like me when it comes to house smells. Things MUST smell fresh and clean and BE fresh and clean.
that comment from hubby about not having to shave baby's butt was hilarious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails