Friday, September 25, 2009

I AM Human, After All...

I was humbled today. Not in a bad way, but it happened. You see, I have been sick for the past week. Yes, I know, it seems like I am always sick. Because of being sick, I have not been keeping up on my housecleaning. (yes, we disinfected on Sunday, due to kitty poo, but the house is still a bit of a mess).

Well, today my wonderful friend Lisa offered to bring dinner over to us, and I took her up on it. I warned her about the state of my home. She came in and laughed because of my "messy" house and said "See?? You are human!" It took a lot of trust for me and swallowing my pride to let her into my house, while not being almost perfect.

I am glad to say I have learned a few things:

1. My house doesn't have to be perfect all the time

2. Real friends understand that life happens and sometimes your house gets messy, and yet they look past it and love you anyway

3. They also ignore a little "toot" that escaped even though I tried my best to hold it until she left! (hey, I'm sick!)

Love ya Lisa!!

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

These are some great life lessons.

Doug & April said...

HAHAHAHA, I JUST had a flashback of a G&R moment when you were taking the tape out of the VCR for a patient. HAHAHAHAH

OH and DON'T forget the Running Man in the files. HAHAHAH

Oh, I'm crackin' up over here!

Nonna said...

You are a hoot !

Hope you are better soon too. What a drag !

I used the baking soda I received from you to make cookies with our Activity Day girls on Wednesday. They were extra good with your baking soda...thanks LOL

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I hope you are beginning to feel better!

We all need a good 'knock' to bring us back down and remind us that we are human! And there is nothing wrong with being human!

Related Posts with Thumbnails