Wednesday, October 12, 2011

If You Need Anything, Just Let Me Know...

How many times in our lives have we said the words: "If you need anything, just let me know" to friends or family members that are going through a difficult time?  I have said those words many times.

Yesterday, a friend in need called me and took me up on that offer that I had made to her just a few days ago.  I have to say, I was so glad she did.

In our church, we are taught that if you are having troubles of your own, serve your fellow man.  I know that may sound weird to some folks, but I tested that theory today and, it's true.  I have been down about our failed adoption, and it is so easy to hide myself away and become a hermit, letting my heart be consumed by sadness over this.  My friend calling me was the smack upside the head that I needed to remind me that other people are going through trials and have needs too.

In the midst of helping her today, it gave me a reprieve from my sorrows and gave me a resolve to look for opportunities to serve others.

So, if you ever need anything, just let me know....

1 comment:

Nonna said...

You are wonderful Tammy and I totally agree...serving others does lighten our burdens, making it more bearable when we are struggling with life's difficulties !

GOOD MEDICINE !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails