Friday, October 19, 2012

Time Flies


Sophia enjoying carrots.





Sophia playing games with mommy.




It's October already.  I can't believe it.

I looked at my last blog post and it was over 4 months ago.  I haven't forgotten about my blog, it's just that with Facebook it's easier to keep in touch with our friends and family.  Plus, I don't even know that my blog is even read by anyone anymore.  If you do happen to check my blog regularly, let me know and I will be better about updating it.

Since my last post, I have been at home, being a mommy.  Motherhood is different than I thought it would be.  The TV commercials make it out to be one thing, and you have the baby at home and it's completely different.  It's even further than the commercials if you are an adoptive parent.  All the baby books are geared toward after giving birth.  They talk about breastfeeding, post-pregnancy bodies, hormones, etc., which is expected. I do have one baby book that has one teeny section for adoptive parents.  Meh.  It would be nice if there are  any doctors/nurses/psychologists out there who are adoptive parents that would write a book about "Baby's First Year for the Adoptive Parent", or something like "So You've Adopted a Baby, Now What?", you get my drift.  I am not complaining, it's just that there are not a lot of books that I have found specifically for parents of an adopted newborn.  If anyone has any suggestions, please share!

As Mike and I wade through our first year of parenthood, we are enjoying the "firsts".  Sophia's first smile, first laugh, crawling, and the latest... her first teeth!  She will be 9 months old at the end of this month and I wonder where the time has gone.  For so many years I longed to be a mother, half my life.  It seemed like it would never happen, and shortly, my baby will be a year old.  I need to pay attention, she will be all grown up if I blink.

In other news, I am helping a friend get a non-profit organization started.  I will be on the Board of Directors.  I am very excited about that.  It is an organization geared toward helping mothers in our area.  I know it's vague, but it's still in it's infancy and we haven't quite pinned down the mission statement.

I have also changed my major in school... again.  I was going to get my degree in Graphic Design, now my major is Business Management.  It just fits.  The non-profit will be the second business that I will have helped build and it just feels natural to have a degree to back up my experience.

I have been feeling EXTREMELY homesick for California.  I have expressed my feelings to my hubby on many occasions (I am sure he is sick of hearing it).  So, we are working toward relocating back to the Mother Land.  It's going to take a bit of time, since we have to sell our house first.  This is not the market for selling.  So, we just have to hope it turns around soon.

I think I have caught my blog up to date with the "goings on" of our lives.

In case I don't see you later, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and Good Night!

5 comments:

Doug & April said...

YAY for updates!!

It was so great chatting with you!!

Amanda MacMillan said...

Tammy, congrats on your beautiful baby girl! I'm a health writer working on a story about adoption, and I'm looking for parents to interview. I can give you more details if we're able to connect over email -- I'm not sure how to reach you, so if you're interested could you send me an email at amandaemac at gmail dot com? Thanks so much!

Pedaling said...

Wow- so much has happened.
Congratulations! She is beautiful!

So very happy for you!
You are going to love this! Even though it's hard...it's wonderful! Enjoy every minute.

Rachelle said...

What a gorgeous little child! I love the carrot face!

hailey said...

Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

Thanks!
Hailey

Related Posts with Thumbnails