Sunday, August 30, 2009

What Really Grinds My Gears


It is no secret that I am a "woman of size". I can't hide it. I have learned to accept it, for now.

I get plus size clothing catalogs in the mail, and what REALLY "Grinds my Gears" is that they use these twiggy women to model the clothing!!!

This makes ordering tough, because clothing looks and hangs differently on a woman that is a size 2 (or even smaller) vs. a size 20 or even a size 12 woman.

Do they really think it would turn people away to see plus size women model plus size clothes in a catalog that is specifically geared toward a plus sized audience?


5 comments:

Savannah said...

Amen sister! I hate getting clothes that I thought look cute, only to find out they fit me TOTALLY differently. If you are going to specialize in something, that is what you need to advertise.

Kristina P. said...

They have ALWAYS done that. I'm surprised they still do.

Nonna said...

This really bugs me too.It's all about the bottom line and using starving models is just part of the "smoke and mirrors" of the fashion world.

Sharon said...

Never thought about it, but now that you mentioned it, yes! I totally agree!!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

*Clap* *Clap* Well said! I couldn't agree more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails